Here are the main changes and new features in version 3.8.
One of the major changes in Phraseanet 3.8 is in the configuration.
config/config.yml, config/services.yml and config/connexions.yml files
disappear for a unique configuration.yml file.
There is no more environment to declare and configuration is compiled in plain
PHP to get the benefit of the opcode cache.
Configuration is automatically upgraded during the upgrade procedure. Detailed
information about the configuration are available in its
The configuration is now compiled. Each time file config/configuration.yml
is changed it is necessary to recompile to apply changes.
Use the bin/console compile:configuration
command to do so.
Virual host configuration
Virtual host configuration is now simplified. SendFile (Nginx) and XSendFile
(Apache) are now easily configured with bin/console xsendfile:dump-configuration
and bin/console xsendfile:generate-mapping commands.
Senfile (Nginx) and
XSenfile (Apache) dedicated documentation will
help to upgrade settings.
- Report loading duration has been improved. A new view about export by mail
has been added.
- Baskets can now be deleted from the baskets browser.
- Add plugins support, see documentation.
User account time limits
User account time limits can now be edited per databox (updates all collections
in the databox).
Be careful, time limits are now applied at template application.
Collections, databoxes, status-bits and description fields are now localizables
via their “label” property.
Documentation structure interface has been completely rewritten. Fields can now
be localized and they can be sorted.
Authentication now accepts providers (Facebook, Twitter, Viadeo, Github,
Linkedin, Google-Plus). Read more in configuration for
Permalinks HTTP headers now include a Link header that points to a JSON view
of the caption.
- SphinxSearch engine is now stable. See
- Phrasea Engine now supports stemming. When searching for “conspiracy”, documents
indexed with “conspirators” will be returned. This feature requires activation
of the option in “Indexation” task and full databoxes re-indexing.
- Email notifications are now sent in HTML format.
(Use plugins to customize it).
- TLS Authentication is now supported to email server (Only SSL was previously
- A subject prefix can be configured (nice for email filters).
- Mail server connection can be tested with bin/console mail:test.
Some commands disappear:
- bin/console check:system is replaced by bin/setup check:system.
- bin/console system:upgrade is replaced by bin/setup system:upgrade.
- bin/console check:ensure-production-settings and bin/console check:ensure-dev-settings
are replaced by bin/console check:config.
- bin/console requires functional Phraseanet install whereas bin/setup
can be executed without installation.
- Phraseanet can now be installed with the command bin/setup system:install.
- Add gzip and bzip2 compression to backup command bin/console system:backup-db