- Actions palette
- Tools available for users depending on their user rights, enabling
to execute actions on records and baskets documents.
- Application Programming Interface. It is an interface provided by
a software to allow third party programs to interact with.
- A basket is a set including records.
A basket belongs to the user who created it. A basket can be
transferred by a Push or through a Phraseanet Feedback.
- Phraseanet feature to link third-party applications (YouTube, Flickr,
Dailymotion) for media socialization. Available from the action menu.
- Business field
- A Phraseanet field attribute. Business fields are intended to receive
business information. These internal information are shared by the
users having editing rights on records. A business field is searchable
only by a user that has editing rights.
- A collection is a subset of a Phraseanet base. It allows to implement
a data segmentation, based on workflow needs or data separation in
accordance with subjective criteria (type of document, year of the
- Document’s fact sheet, is made of different fields.
- A document is the original file added to a Phraseanet Base/Collection.
- Dublin Core
Standardised schema ISO 15836 for describing documentary resources.
EXchangeable Image File. Technical metadata included in pictures files.
In Information Sciences, category of classification and indexation
based on a single characteristic, a single property or attribute.
- FTP is a standard network protocol used for massive documents
sending over network.
- HTML5 is the fifth major release of the HTML language. Executed in a
browser using its advanced features, HTML5 allows to build feature-rich
- Process that allows to link a description to a document through a
metadata extraction, or a description entry.
The IPTC (International Press and Telecommunications Council) is a
consortium regrouping press agencies, press and software editors that
develops and maintain standards for information exchange fairly used in
the media industry. More than twenty years ago, in order to facilitate
information exchange related to media, the main idea of the IPTC was to
implement metadata in the documents itself, in file headers. One
advantage is that the description of the document is integrated
in the document itself. Since then, the metadatas IPTC never stopped
evolving, adapting to the needs of the Information Society.
- IPTC (IPTC Metadatas)
- The IPTC metadata are a set of metadata attributes that allows to
describe media data.
- Literally a data on a data. More precisely, it’s a package of
structured information describing a random resource. Metadatas are
located inside the file. The IPTC, the XMP and the
EXIF are standards metadata used in a JPEG file for example.
Metadata can be used, depending on their type, in read-only mode or
Open authentication protocol allowing a secured authentication on web,
mobiles or desktop applications.
OAuth2 allows to authenticate using information from a remote account
base from supplied by OAuth2 providers.
- Overprinted window, Internet viewing technology that opens windows
overprinted on an existing window.
- Phraseanet Base
- A Phraseanet base is a MySQL container (database instance). It has among
others, a documentary structure « indexation fields » and generally some
other settings. A Phraseanet base can contain one, or several Phraseanet
Collections that will use the original Phraseanet base settings. The
Phraseanet base fundamentals are highlighted in Phraseanet
Administration and Thesaurus.
- Phraseanet action allowing to send documents to users.
- A record is a document or a story in Phraseanet. As a single entity,
this digital Asset has a unique descriptive sheet (in XML), of one
or more documents and given sub resolutions (thumbnails, preview images,
key images for stories...*etc*.).
- In Phraseanet, calculated key for a document entering a base using a
This key attributed to added document makes an easy way to discriminate
it from other similar media in appearance.
This function is implemented as a Border Manager checker for Quarantine
to determine the presence of duplicate files.
- Customizable variable of boolean type (Yes/No) allowing to characterise
some records. It is possible to define and allocate up to 28 more status
on a document, 4 status are dedicated (for a total of 32 status).
- Stemm is a neologism defining a configuration allowing to optimise and
maximise search results.
inflection ... These
processes implement algorithms for Natural language processing.
- A story is composed by a set of documents, that must come from a single
Phraseanet base composed by one or more collections. A story has its own
documentary sheet, it is thus a record. A document can belong to
- These files are generated when a document is added. They are classified
in three groups (Everybody/Preview/Documents) and are linked to
the user rights.
- Universally Unique Identifier (UUID)
Unique numerical identifier coded on 128 bytes conceived to be unique
worldwide. Some graphic softwares (camera firmware, image processing
software) introduce these identifiers in the digital image files to
distinguish one from an other.
- On the go branding of the picture depending on the user’s profile either
by default with the collection name in three places on the picture, or
with a logo that can be uploaded in the collection preferences.
- Web development technique implementing events targeting third party
applications in order to interact with them.
Extensible Metadata Platform. XMP is a metadata format allowing to
describe PDF documents, images or graphics.